Sunday, January 17, 2010

This is one member of a local Antiguan band that gave a free mini concert in the park---it was a perfect way to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon. The music was great---and I had fun just people watching.

This is one of about 8 young girls that I watched running relay races in the park--they had to do it by skipping on just one foot the entire time---they were all laughing and cuffing each other for not staying on one foot. They would do this for a bit and then go back to selling there souvenir items to tourists. They ranged in ages from probably 6-15.

A mother and daughter that were visiting Antiguan family for the day from the highlands---I talked with them long enough to feel comfortable asking for a photo---I think they were tickled that I asked.


A street vendor and her child washing off in the fountain---notice how colorful everyone is? It's beautiful!




One of the sweet little girls in the park that still comes by for snacks when I'm there---I make sure to carry "dulces" with me when I go.



1 comment: