Friday, January 8, 2010

This is my family---left to right---Sophie, 11, Senora Sondra, Diego, 14
Dad was out looking for work when this was taken.
Note to self, things I must try to remember:
1. They don´t have pooper scoopers here (must keep eyes moving up and down as I walk)
2. Being just one letter, or one inflection, off can turn a perfectly fine word into something inappropriate (luckily no one has taken offense, yet)
3. Toilet paper goes in the wastebasket here---NOT in the toilet ( you know, after 50 some years of doing it our way this has been a hard habit to break)
Last night there was a power outage in the whole town for most of the evening. It began when I was in an indoor market set in the ruins of an already dark church---I´m quickly developing many mantras to get me through a variety of experiences. Oh...bats visit my little terrace every night---have to find out what they eat and make friends---I can use all the friends I can get, as I´m incredibly homesick. You know how easy it is to make me cry? Well, just the mention of my family gets me going. 4th note to self---must toughen up! Hast luego, todos. Only one more day before I begin my real work---woohoo.

3 comments:

  1. Hello My Friend!
    Veo que las cosas van bien. Murciélagos? OH MY!! No murciélagos ..... murciélagos no como yo! Pensé en llamar al 100 veces hoy. Sólo el 7 semanas más! Sé que deseen nuestras vidas lejos!! Me alegro de que están teniendo esta experiencia de vida ..... eres una persona maravillosa, yo sé que la gente mejor a los hijos se conviertan en tales por haber cruzado en su camino ..... como me convertí en una persona mejor, ya que cruzó mío. Buddy estar seguro! Love Ya!
    Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¿Come puedes escriber in Español, Senorita? ¿Quien ti ayudes? Muchos besos, Amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Patty, he aprendido a leer y escribir a través de la traductora de español de Google. Un día, mi amiga Eva me enseñará cómo, hasta entonces, voy a usar esto. Hace que la gente se pregunta qué estamos hablando! Te echo de menos! Señorita Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete